Press and Media Kits
You can find all media and downloadable content here under each game title. Scroll to the bottom for more information about Arrogant Pixel.
The Tale of Doris and the Dragon Episode 1
The Tale of Doris and the Dragon is an episodic, point-and-click adventure game series featuring an elderly lady named Doris who finds herself in Purgatory after passing away on earth. On her journey, Doris meets many weird and wonderful characters that help or try to hinder her progress. Out of this, an unlikely friendship emerges.
This point and click adventure game was created out of sheer determination; a passion to take a game genre we cared about and do it justice. We wanted to create a game that we were proud of and had poured all of our love, time and creativity into. Doris was born in January 2015 out of some simple pixel art that Ben had been working on in photoshop. It developed from those original images into an intricate and whimsical tale featuring an elderly lady named Doris. Working alone in his bedroom, Ben patiently put the game together, all the while juggling part-time jobs and temporary unemployment. There were some really tough times! One evening, he just decided that he had worked on it for long enough and would upload it to see what would happen.
The BETA version of the game was released in April 2015 on Newgrounds and GameJolt. The reviews we received when we woke up the next morning completely blew us away. Some people claiming that it was the best game that they had ever played and reaching out to us from all over the world. We received hundreds of comments and over 100,000 plays and were on the front page. We even made the best point and clicks of all time on Newgrounds! This spurred us on to really put the polish on the game and prepare it for official release.
The The Tale of Doris and the Dragon – Episode 1, complete with new voice acting was launched 1 July, 2016 and is available now on Steam, iOS App and Google Play store.
- A RETRO, PIXEL-ART GAME which reminds you of those 90s classics that you couldn’t forget if you tried. Inspired heavily by LucasArts games such as Monkey Island and Grim Fandango.
- A POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE is a game genre that emphasises puzzle solving and quirky narrative. The minimalist nature of the interface allows the player to simply ‘point and click’ to explore the world.
- FULLY VOICE-ACTED game; by two people, starring Ben Simpson and Jamie Wood
- CREATED BY AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY which means that we 100% self-publish, self-fund our project and in-house all of our production
- MUSIC AND SOUND DESIGN has been important to us in every game that we have created together. The Tale of Doris and the Dragon is no exception, with a haunting soundtrack by AssadB; foley and sound design by Ryan Callard.
The Tale of Doris and the Dragon – Cinematic Trailer (2016) YouTube – Download it here
Reviews and Awards
- “I love Doris, I certanly can’t say anything else mate.”
– Elizha – Rated 5 / 5 stars, Newgrounds Comment
- “Great humor and a sweet dragon. 10/5 Points. Need part 2. Yesterday!”
– HeavyMetall – Rated 5 / 5 stars, Newgrounds Comment
- “This game truly stands out with its interesting characters such as Norb, who is basically a glorified secretary, and even the ferryman, who keeps a small garden on the side to keep from getting too lonely. The Tale of Doris and the Dragon is sure to be a fantastic series.”
– Lori. H, Journalist, Jayisgames.com
- “I love the game! From the characters to the music. It’s too bad that I can’t pre-order the next two chapters”
– CakeGameLady, Gamejolt Comment
Bronze Award from Pocket Gamer
“The Tale of Doris and the Dragon is a love letter to classic point-and-click games” – Alphr.com
“It runs like a dream and has a certain authenticity, or honest enthusiasm, which makes it very endearing” – Bret Allen – Doing Words
Founder, Lead Designer, Artist, Animator, Writer and Programmer
Designer, Producer and Business Manager
Designer, Music producer and composer
Designer, Foley and Voice over producer
DarkLitria (Safiyah Khan)
Artist and Animator, Freelancer
Artist (Belly of the Beast scene), Freelancer
Voice Actor, Freelancer
About Arrogant Pixel
Formed in 2012 by Ben Simpson, Arrogant Pixel is best known for releasing “The Tale of Doris and the Dragon – Episode 1”, a point and click adventure that proved hugely popular on several indie portals such as Newgrounds in 2015. The original release of the game was created, almost single-handedly by Ben Simpson. Today, Arrogant Pixel is a small team of five game developers based in South West London. As an independent company, we have self-funded this project and we are working towards the launch of “The Tale of Doris and the Dragon – Episode 2” which is due for release in 2018.
Request a press copy
Feel free to get in contact with us with any business enquiries and / or to request press copies