We take your privacy very seriously. We work hard to make sure that we only use your information in the ways that you want us to. This Privacy Statement explains what information we collect on the Website and how and when it is collected, what we use it for now and how we will use it in the future.
If you have any questions about the way in which your information is being collected or used which are not answered by this Privacy Statement please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know that that everyone is busy, and nobody likes their email inbox cluttered up with junk mail. We promise not to bombard you with junk emails, and we will only send you details about items and promotions which we think will be of interest to you. If you decide that you do not wish to receive our emails you can unsubscribe at any time.
We will never give away or sell your details to a third party for marketing or any other purposes. For your protection, we’re also registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
What information do we collect?
- Information required to process an order including Forename, Surname, Delivery address, Billing address, E-mail address and Contact number
- Information related to payment processing as part of placing an order with Arrogant Pixel via a third party payment provider (Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Sage pay, Bank Transfer), transaction reference and order status. We do not have direct access or store your credit card details.
- Username and encrypted versions of passwords are stored for customer accounts on the website
- If you contact the store via phone, e-mail or post, we may keep a copy of that correspondence
- If you response for a service review request from one of our third party providers (Trustpilot or Google Reviews), we may store your review and comments
- If you visit the store, your image may be recorded and stored in our CCTV system for security purposes
Please note, by choosing not to provide us with relevant information, this may hinder our ability to respond efficiently to your enquiry.
How is this information used?
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information is that we either have your explicit consent, that we require the information in order to perform a contract with you or that we have a legitimate business interest to do so.
In assessing your request for Goods, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. We may disclose your address and postcode details to check against the IMRG Security Alert or any other Fraud Prevention Scheme. At all times where we disclose your information for the purposes of fraud prevention it will remain secure.
When you place an Order with us, we collect certain information, which is required to allow us to process your transaction and keep you updated about the status of your order. This means that some personal details may be shared internally with our sales staff, marketing staff and courier companies (Royal Mail and DPD).
We will only provide these companies with the information that they need to carry out their jobs. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we tell them, and they will not be entitled to use it in their own right.
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Delivery and logistics partners to facilitate the delivery of your goods
- Email service providers that enable us to send relevant marketing email communications
- Server management and data storage providers that host and manage our secure website and business software applications
- Payment service providers that enable payments online through our website, payment links or over the phone
- Suppliers and / or Distributors to facilitate direct shipment of goods from third party warehouses to customers
How do we store information?
Where we process your information in order to fulfill an order, we will securely store your information as long as is necessary for warranty, financial and tax storage requirements. Once we no longer have a legitimate business need to store or process your personal information, we will remove this information at the earliest opportunity.
Where we process your information in order to keep you updated about our products and services, we will retain this information indefinitely unless you choose to notify us that you no longer wish to receive this communications. An unsubscribe link is placed on every single marketing e-mail sent to subscribers which gives customers the ability to change their preferences. We also keep a list of unsubscribed users to prevent communicating customers who have opted out. If you wish complete removal from our records then we will not have any access to your account history.
The information we collect may be stored and processed in various locations but this will not include territories outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Arrogant Pixel Website
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You can find out more about your rights as a consumer on the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/